Bonjour, Croque Monsieur

Hello, blog. Sorry it's been a while, but summer is once again flying by, full of things to do. Of course, I have been eating throughout the season, but not doing a lot of exciting cooking. I hope next week will be better, though I always have to tailor my ideas to the fairly meat-and-potatoes stomach of my stepdad. :(

Anyway, last night I prepared a very tasty dish that I watched Rachael Ray make on her tv show earlier this spring, Knife-and-Fork Croque Madames with Asparagus Tips. Actually, ours were just croque monsieurs because I didn't want to have an egg on top of the lovely sandwich. It seemed too breakfasty. The recipe was fairly easy to make as well, and both my mom and our friend Maureen enjoyed the dinner. Plus, I got my first taste of Gruyere cheese, which is so, so yummy!

Comments

Popular Posts