Baked Tofu


When I saw this recipe for baked tofu in a slideshow of sheet pan dinners, I was intrigued. Baking was one way I never thought of preparing tofu! I tossed mine in a bit of oil, soy sauce and Frank's hot sauce and then baked it in a glass pan.

Although the baked tofu tasted good, I was disappointed that it wasn't crispy on the outside like it appeared in the recipe picture. However, I think it might've crisped if there was more space between the cubes, or perhaps less marinade.

To accompany the baked tofu, I cooked rice with pumpkin, coconut milk and curry in the rice cooker, and it was delicious. In addition, I stir-fried some Chinese greens with oil, salt and pepper, which was quick and easy but also yummy.

Comments

  1. You might try dusting it with panko crumbs after you dip them in the marinade. Or if panko is too crunchy, maybe a light dusting of some kind of flour.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts