A Vegetarian Japanese Feast


This weekend a group of us tried the set lunch at Isoya Japanese Vegetarian Restaurant in Wan Chai. I was the first person to arrive in the whole restaurant, and at first it was very quiet. However, it was quite busy by the time we left, and rightly so.

On the lunch menu, you can order either the regular set (3 starters + 1 main) or the deluxe set (a few starters plus some sushi trays, a main and dessert). We all chose variations on the regular set, which was definitely plenty of food for one person.

I ordered the pumpkin tempura, avocado salad (with cabbage, tofu and sesame dressing) and "hair-like" seaweed for my starters, plus the whole grain rice with miso soup and pickles as the main. We also each got a brown sugar mochi with custard filling for dessert.

My favorite thing was definitely the salad, but the tempura and miso soup were also really good. I don't think I'd get the seaweed again, however, as it was rather slimy. I liked my main course, but I think I'd like to try one of their noodle dishes instead next time.

Comments

Popular Posts