A Chocolate Mess

I suppose part of this food blogging experience is to share my flops as well as my successes, though the perfectionist in me is quite loath to do so. Nevertheless, here is the story of my most recent semi-failure. I had a plan to make a beautiful chocolate cake with white chocolate filling and frosting, a recipe from www.epicurious.com, to complete our family Christmas dinner. So I spent a few hours this past Friday and Saturday preparing the cake and its toppings, but with mediocre results. The main problem was the substitution of white chocolate chips for plain white chocolate in the toppings (I wasn't the one doing the grocery shopping). This made them quite runny and unable to stay smoothly and completely on the cake. Thankfully, it all still tasted delicious, and I suppose that's what matters most.

Comments

Popular Posts