Puppy Chow!

Surprisingly, given my penchant for baking and eating sweets, I have never before made puppy chow. Actually, I didn't eat it much as a kid either, but only grew to know and like it through bake sale fundraisers when I was in high school and college. Tomorrow night I am going to a Christmas party, and I thought it would be festive to take something to eat.

I'm not sure why puppy chow seemed the right dish to make, but it is quick and easy, which certainly helps. It is also easy to transport, and I will have to take it on the MTR to another location. Having never made this before, I searched the Internet and found a plethora of recipes, all of which are slightly different.

After much comparison and deliberation, I opted for this recipe from the Chex cereal makers, as you are supposed to use their cereal in it. However, I couldn't find any here, so I bought the British-brand Waitrose malted squares, which seem to work just fine.

As I often feel is the case in these sorts of recipes, the proportion of topping to cereal is slightly off. I used just a tad less cereal to go with the chocolate and peanut butter, to make sure that everything was covered in a good amount of the tasty coating. The result was as good as I remember, and hopefully all the non-Americans at the party will enjoy it, too!

Comments

Popular Posts