2.5 Vegetarians at Fish & Meat


My most recent brunch adventure was at the newish restaurant called Fish & Meat in Central. Not the most creative name ever, but I guess it tells you what you need to know. However, the brunch table included two vegetarians plus me, only a part-time meat eater!

The brunch at Fish & Meat is part buffet and part table service. There is a cold salad and seafood buffet, which had great pasta salad and an amazing mango, almond and greens salad. Then there is a bruschetta station, complete with mozzarella slices and sun-dried tomatoes. The best part was a pancake station with many toppings including fresh fruit, whipped cream and bacon!

For the table service, you can choose your main course and your dessert. As the restaurant was called Fish & Meat, I decided I should try the meatballs, though the vegetarian options sounded good, too. (For some other choices, you had to pay extra). The meatballs were fantastic, though I had hoped they'd come in a tomato sauce.


Interestingly, we all chose the lemon tart for our dessert. Of course, I would never choose tiramisu, but they also had a layered chocolate pot with hazelnuts. Maybe next time, though the tart with whipped vanilla cream was delicious.


To get the basic brunch at Fish & Meat, it is HK $390 plus 10% service. This doesn't include any drinks, however. We just ordered the $80 fizzy blueberry lemonade (non-alcoholic), but to add free-flow champagne would be an extra $200 I think.


Comments

Popular Posts