Cheap Cherries!


Last week, I bought a pound of fresh cherries at the supermarket for HK $19. I think this is the first time I've bought them here because they are usually much more expensive than that. 

Then, when I went back to the store the next day, all the cherries were marked down further. In my excitement, I bought two more pounds!

I ate most of my cherries fresh for breakfast in the morning at work. However, there were too many for breakfast only, so I decided to bake them in a crumble.

Previously, I've only ever eaten canned cherry pie filling, and not too often actually because my mom doesn't like it. I wanted to know how real cherries tasted when baked.

Tossed with sugar and cinnamon, the cherries were very nice in a crumble. However, the topping was a bit different because I didn't realize I was out of flour when I started making it!

As a replacement, I tried a combination of cornmeal, oatmeal and pecans, along with butter and sugar, which actually wasn't too bad. Hopefully cherries will be on sale again soon!

Comments

Popular Posts