Islam Food in Kowloon City


I have known about Kowloon City's Islam Food for a few years, and I finally tried it this summer. Because it is quite popular, I called and made a reservation using my mediocre Cantonese. Later, I realized that I said 'this year' instead 'this night' (tonight), but it didn't seem to matter.

When I arrived at the famed restaurant, I was surprised at its small size. My friend Jake and I sat at a round table along with some Chinese diners, which happens rather frequently in local eateries.

In the Chinese way, we ordered three dishes to share: chili lamb with bamboo shoots, cold noodles with sesame sauce and veal 'goulash', which was not soup or stew but rather a meat patty wrapped in dough.

All the food was delicious, but the goulash was the best. The meat inside was nicely seasoned and juicy. I am also very fond of the cold noodle dish, but it can be found at many other restaurants.

Comments

Popular Posts