I Scream for Ice Cream Sandwiches


Although the mega milkshake craze hasn't arrived here yet (alas!), it is safe to say that fancy ice cream, as well as ice cream sandwiches, are becoming trendy in Hong Kong. Recently, I went to Elephant Grounds, a coffee shop and cafe, at Fashion Walk in Causeway Bay and ordered one of their signature ice cream sandwiches for dinner!

Upon arrival, I was rather disappointed that I couldn't create my own sandwich but rather had to choose one of 3 options. I selected The Peanut Gallery, which consisted of peanut butter ice cream served between 2 chocolate chip cookies, spread with a bit of strawberry jam and rolled in crushed peanuts.

Because of my general passion for dessert, I think I had overly high expectations regarding the ice cream sandwich. It was good, but maybe not as good as I hoped for HK$68 (about US$9). Perhaps the peanut butter ice cream might've been better paired with rich chocolate cookies, rather than just chocolate chip.

Comments

Popular Posts