Southeast Asian Cooking Experiments


When I first bought the frozen vegetarian "mince" at U Select, I tried to think of creative ways to cook with it. This included making a variation of Thai larb with crunchy water chestnuts, carrots, onion and chili. To make the mince mixture go further, I served it with lettuce wraps as well as rice cooked in coconut milk.

However, as I haven't cooked much Thai food before (except curry), I ended up with several ingredients left over afterwards. I had many chilis remaining as well as a lot of fresh coriander and fish sauce.

And so it was that I (successfully) attempted to make Vietnamese-style cold noodles, including the special sweet, spicy and sour dressing. When I first made the noodles at home, they were topped with Tesco frozen veggie fingers and fresh vegetables; for my lunch at work, I substituted sea salted almonds instead. 

Comments

Popular Posts