Sailor Moon Cookie Cake


In March, we had a potluck bachelorette party featuring many of the bride-to-be's favorite foods, including lots of amazing cheese and cold cuts. I was responsible for bringing a dessert, which I decided to decorate à la her favorite character Sailor Moon.

After a lot of Googling and indecision, I opted to make a large cookie cake (rather than many time-consuming individual cookies) featuring a pink and yellow Sailor Moon design. (I know nothing about her or the comic, so I'm still not exactly sure what it represents!)

Although I probably could've used my standard brownie recipe, I decided to try this skillet cookie from Martha Stewart instead. However, I actually baked it in a glass pie dish, as I don't own a cast iron skillet.

The cookie was fairly straightforward to make, but as some other reviewers noted, it was quite dry. The chocolate chips helped conceal the dryness, as did the plentiful butter icing. I made the pink icing myself but used a tube of store-bought for the yellow (though I should've bought a decorating tip as well). The colored dots were peanut butter M&Ms.

Side note: Be careful how much butter you use when you start to make icing. I just grabbed the rest of the 250 g block that remained after making the cookie, but it was about double what I needed. I ended up with enough icing to top another entire cake/cookie!

Comments

Popular Posts