Thai-style Quinoa Salad


Recently, I remembered that I once made a quinoa salad with some of the flavors of a Thai mango or papaya salad. I decided to try making it again, taking reference from this recipe. However, I couldn't find any snap peas at the wet market, so I opted for cucumber instead.

For the dressing, I decided to make my own version instead, as I thought a vinaigrette sounded a bit fresher than a sticky peanut butter sauce. I used basic white vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice and a touch of fish sauce mixed with chopped garlic, ginger and chili. 

The salad turned out great, and even David was a fan. For storing, I kept the quinoa in a separate tub from the veggies so it wouldn't soak up all the dressing. I also waited to add the peanuts until just before leaving the house each morning so they stayed crunchy.

Comments

Popular Posts