When Life Gives You Lemons


Recently, I bought a pack of lemons at the supermarket, though I didn't need them all (they were reduced and cost less than one regular-priced lemon). To use up the remaining 2 lemons, I decided to bake something.

Normally, I'm actually not a big fan of lemon cake or lemon desserts in general, with the exception of lemon bars and lemon poppy seed muffins. However, I'm okay with lemon flavor when it's not too sickly or overwhelming.

Based on the other ingredients I had, I decided to try this Nigella Lawson lemon polenta cake. However, I used regular flour with some ground flaxseed instead of ground almonds and also chose the oil option instead of butter.

Even with these substitutions, the cake turned out really well. It baked slightly quicker in the toaster oven (as is often the case) and tastes absolutely delicious, especially where the glaze has soaked in. Maybe I do like lemon things after all...

Comments

Popular Posts