Summer Salads and More


After attending a beach barbecue on the 4th of July, I was inspired to make some summer salads to eat at home. Of course I can't make traditional potato salad with eggs or David won't eat it, but this refrigerator pickle and potato salad sounded great (and I'd already made some refrigerator pickles using another Smitten Kitchen recipe).

I don't think I'm a huge fan of radishes (or at least I wasn't as a kid) and they're not easy to find here, so I left them out. But with just potatoes, homemade pickles, green onion and mayonnaise, this was probably one of the tastiest potato salads I've tried recently.

I also made a Mexican-style corn salad, with tomatoes, cilantro, spring onions, lime juice and a big red chili. For the main part of the meal, I made vegan sloppy joes from carrots, mushrooms, onion and textured soy protein, flavored with barbecue sauce. Happy summer!

Comments

Popular Posts