Orange olive oil pound cake

 Olive oil pound cake in a circular glass baking dish

I had a craving for cake recently, so I decided it was time to bake. At first, I considered making a wacky cake because I knew I would have all the ingredients on hand (no eggs or butter required!). But I didn't really want a chocolate cake, which seems to be the flavor of most wacky cakes.

So I tried this olive oil pound cake instead, perfect for a place where butter is expensive! I didn't have a lemon, but our clementines were in need of being used up. So I substituted orange juice and zest, though unfortunately the flavor didn't come through very much.

Otherwise, the cake was pretty good. It wasn't too sweet and had a nice texture. However, it was also a bit plain, so probably would've been improved with more orange/lemon flavoring or a jam/icing topping. Something to consider next time!

Comments

Popular Posts