Dining in quarantine

This summer we finally got to leave Hong Kong for the first time since visiting Guam in January 2020. After returning from the US, I had to spend 3 days in quarantine at a designated hotel of my choice: Dorsett Mongkok.

From late Saturday night until Tuesday morning, I couldn't leave my small hotel room at all. Food was placed outside my door at mealtimes, and we also had the option to order snacks and delivery (though I didn't). 

Here's what I ate from the hotel's vegetarian menu during my stay. It certainly wasn't amazing, but it wasn't too bad overall (though rather heavy on cabbage and rice). 

Day 1
Bowl of vegetarian Shanghai fried noodles on a white plate
Lunch: Shanghai fried noodles

Divided plastic tray of rice and two cabbage dishes
Dinner: Rice with vegetables

Day 2
Styrofoam container with a scrambled egg & tomato sandwich, fruit & potato salad
Breakfast: Scrambled egg & tomato sandwich, fruit & potato salad

Divided takeaway container with rice, eggplant and cabbage
Lunch: Rice with eggplant, cabbage with beancurd & vermicelli

Divided takeaway tray with rice, cabbage and fake meat with potatoes
Dinner: Rice with cabbage, fake meat & potatoes

Day 3
Styrofoam container with two slices of toast and baked beans
Breakfast: Toast with baked beans

Comments

Popular Posts