Cinnamon Rolls in a Jiffy

My coworker Marcia suggested that I make cinnamon rolls for my guests this weekend, but her recipe (from Pioneer Woman) sounded pretty involved. Then, I noticed the box of Jiffy Baking Mix in my freezer, which has a cinnamon roll recipe on the back. I love the baking mix (which is just like Bisquick), so I figured I should give those a try. They turned out very yummy, but still more like biscuits than traditional cinnamon rolls. Of course, anything tastes good when covered in powdered-sugar icing!

Cinnamon Rolls

2 cups "JIFFY" Baking Mix
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 425°, grease 11- by 7-inch pan or muffin pans.

2. Blend baking mix and milk. Turn onto surface dusted with baking mix and knead about 20 times. Roll dough to 15- by 8-inch rectangle, 1/4-inch thick. Spread with margarine or butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll as for a jelly roll. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Place in prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Serve warm.

3. Suggestion: Frost with "JIFFY" White Frosting Mix while still warm.

Comments

Popular Posts