Pretty Peas

I first ate mashed peas this past summer when I went to England with my mom and step-dad. I don't know that I would've ordered them, but they came as a side dish with a tasty meat pie. And, I have to say that, although they may look a little bit like baby food, the peas are delicious. I enjoy regular peas as well, but mashing them up seems to enhance the flavor a bit. I suppose it doesn't hurt that they're mashed with butter:)

So anyway, I made my own mashed peas this weekend, and it was a fun, and easy, experiment. I cooked frozen peas as directed and then beat them with the electric beater--I probably should've used a bigger bowl because the peas, and then their insides, kept jumping out onto the counter or splatting on things nearby. Nevertheless, I managed to get the majority of the peas mashed, with a few remaining whole or partially mashed for texture. Then I blended in some butter, and it was yum yum yummy!

Comments

Popular Posts