Pasta Plenty

Pasta sauce is probably one of my favorite things to cook, and I actually made it twice last week. However, because it can be changed in so many ways, the two meals were not that similar in the end, though they contained many of the same ingredients.


Last Monday, I made vegetarian pasta for David and myself, and I decided to try tomato cream sauce for the first time. I modeled mine after this recipe from Emeril, though I just used milk instead of cream. Nor did I let it cook for 20 minutes to reduce because we were hungry! 

The red pepper flakes that we have in the apartment at the moment are actually from Thailand, so they are really spicy and gave the sauce quite a kick. It was quite good, though, especially when combined with roasted zucchini and mushrooms.

Saturday night has become a rather regular cooking night for me, which is nice. Last Saturday I again made pasta sauce, this time what the British always call spaghetti bolognese but what I grew up calling generic spaghetti sauce. 

I didn't follow a recipe per se, just worked from past experience to combine onions, carrot, mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes, ground beef and pork and spices to make an absolutely delicious sauce. I truly think it's the best sauce I've ever made. And there were even leftovers for yet another meal! 



Comments

Popular Posts