Awesome Alfredo Lasagna


The last time I made lasagna, I thought I didn't have enough noodles and so bought another box. However, I actually had more than enough, so until this past weekend, I had two boxes of lasagna noodles on my already crowded shelf.

On Sunday evening, despite being terribly tired, I managed to cook a delicious vegetarian lasagna, the second one I have ever made with white sauce instead of red. I always thought that making a white sauce was supposed to be difficult, but mine seem to turn out fine with just onions, garlic, white wine, flour and whole milk.

To the white sauce, I added the leaves of something called 'green sprout' in the grocery store. I was excited when I saw it because it is the closest thing to spinach I've seen in the local stores yet. The leaves are small like baby spinach, though it tastes more like bok choi.

For the other layer of lasagna, I sauteed mushrooms in a combination of butter and olive oil before putting them on top of the pasta. I wondered if it would be possible to put them uncooked into the casserole dish, but then I was worried it might get too dry.

In the end, this alfredo lasagna tasted great, and I'm sure the Parmesan cheese helped. Even better, there were leftovers to save for a quick week-night dinner, too!

Comments

Popular Posts