HKG BBQ

I have known about a Hong Kong restaurant called Blue Smoke BBQ for quite a while now, but I finally went there with a few friends this past Friday. I have never eaten American-style barbecue in Hong Kong before, and I was definitely unsure about what to expect. Would it be good, or would it be terrible?

The restaurant's menu has most of the basic barbecue items: ribs, pulled pork, baked beans, coleslaw, etc. I was sorry they didn't have buttery rolls or creamy, cheesy grits, but perhaps that is too much to hope for. They do have root beer floats, which is somewhat of a novelty over here, and apparently they even make their own ice cream. Sadly, I was too full to try any.

Between three of us, one girl and two guys, we split the following four dishes. I stuffed myself because everything was delicious, though I'd have to say the mac and cheese was my favorite side dish. On the Three Little Pigs meat platter (which was only supposed to serve 2), the ribs were the best and the pulled pork was good, if a tiny bit dry.

Three Little Pigs: $328
Mashed Potatoes: $58
Mac & Cheese: $48
Collard Greens: $48





I certainly would recommend this restaurant for meat lovers and barbecue fans. And, I hope to go back again myself, especially because they do 2-for-1 mains on Mondays!

Comments

Popular Posts