Bali Breakfasts


One great thing about going on holiday is taking the time to actually eat a real breakfast. Normally, during the week I just eat a bit of fruit or some type of biscuit or cookie at my desk as a snack because I don't have too much of an appetite in the morning. However, I really like breakfast food, and I enjoy staying at hotels that have breakfast included. 

When we stayed at Ani's Villas in Ubud, Bali, our hotel was made up of little individual tropical bungalows, and we could eat breakfast out on the porch or at a more shaded area nearby. Our menu was a choice of omelette, scrambled eggs or pancakes, all with fresh fruit and tea or coffee.

I ordered a pancake the first morning, and it was so delicious that I could never bring myself to try the eggs instead. Inside the pancake (which was more like a crepe really) were caramelized bananas or pineapple, and it was topped with palm sugar syrup.

For even more flavor, you could sprinkle the pancake with sugar and then squeeze lime juice onto it. I don't think this is very common in the states, but it is popular among the British, though they tend to use lemons instead of limes.



At our second hotel, Je Je's Resort in the Legian/Kuta area of Bali, we had several breakfast options. The first day I ordered continental breakfast because I wanted fresh fruit and tea. But the next day, David got the banana pancake with ice cream, and I knew I would be jealous if I didn't get one, too. Yum!


Comments

Popular Posts