Lunch With a View


Another very tourist-oriented restaurant we ended up in on our Bali trip was one of the many seafood establishments along Jimbaran Beach, which is south of the Kuta/Legian area. Once again we were taken there by our driver, so we didn't have much choice in the matter. But, I think they were all quite similar anyway.

The gimmick of these restaurants is that you can choose the fish or seafood you are going to eat yourself, which of course you can do in Hong Kong, too. It is sold by grams, and you can pick either live or frozen. But the view, rather than the food, is the main attraction.

I would have liked to have eaten some local fish; but I couldn't eat an entire one myself, and I was not allowed to buy half a fish. So, I chose some frozen prawns instead. David, who doesn't like seafood, had chicken satay.

The prawns were cooked on the grill in a tomato-garlic sauce, and then I got four additional dipping sauces: garlic butter, spicy tomato, chili and sweet chili. We also got rice in a woven basket and some green vegetables sauteed with garlic. Pretty yummy!




Comments

Popular Posts