Sushi in a Bowl

There is a quirky Japanese restaurant in Tin Hau near my office that I think might previously have been a bar. The tables and floor are black with gold flecks inside, the big picture windows have gold trim, and there is a white leather bench along one wall. Despite the bling decor, they use disposable wooden chopsticks and serve tea in paper cups.

This place has become a lunchtime regular for me and my co-workers, though when we went the first time, I was a bit unsure. They have ramen and sushi lunch sets, but they also have what is basically a bowl of rice with salmon sashimi on top. This was something I had never seen before, and I didn't know if I would like it.




However, I am now very fond of what we call 'salmon bowls'. It is just like eating sushi that hasn't been wrapped up or formed into individual pieces. And, it comes with a few bits of cucumber and egg as well. The lunch set also includes a canned drink (Coke, Nestea) or miso soup, and all for $50 HK.





Comments

Popular Posts