A New Lunch Favorite

Now that the summer holidays are here again and all my roommates are away, I will most likely be eating out for lunch every day of the work week. This is neither the most healthy nor the most frugal option, but it is more social, which is good when there is no one at home to talk to but a hamster.

One of my Chinese colleagues recently introduced us to a different cha chaan teng near the office. We have started eating there semi-frequently, probably because it has an English menu and is not too busy, unlike the others nearby.


The first dish I ate at this restaurant was steamed minced pork with salty egg (above), which was nice, though the egg yolk is very, very salty. The second time we went, I was pleased to find vegetarian food on the menu, such as mushrooms and assorted veggies with rice (below).


But, my favorite new discovery is a different style of milk tea. This one is called cha zaau, or something like that. It is milky tea that is sweetened using sweetened condensed milk, so it is quite sweet with no need to add sugar. Yum!



Comments

Popular Posts