Pumpkin Pasta


David really loves to eat pasta for dinner. And, I do as well, especially as I often eat Chinese and other Asian cuisines for lunch. However, pasta with tomato sauce can get a bit boring after a while.

So, I decided to try making a pumpkin sauce to go with pasta instead. I know I have eaten something similar in a restaurant on at least one occasion, though I had never made it before myself.

I bought a pre-cut half of what looks kind of like butternut squash at the grocery store, though it is called 'pumpkin'. After peeling and cutting it up, which is a bit tricky, I sauteed it with some onion until it began to fall apart and form a sauce.

To be even healthier, I added the leaves of one type of Chinese green, possibly morning glory (saving the chopped stems to put in fried rice later on). Then I used garlic, chili, salt, pepper, nutmeg and chopped walnuts to finish things off. 

This turned out to be a really delicious and nutty, not to mention healthy sauce, and I will definitely make it again in the future.

Comments

Popular Posts