Veggie Biscuit Pot Pie


I have never made any kind of pot pie before, but I had an urge to do so a few weeks ago. However, I try to avoid making pie crust and rolling out dough, as it is just too time consuming, not to mention the fact that we do not have a rolling pin in our kitchen.

So, I opted to do a biscuit-topped pot pie instead, which is always complicated to explain to my British friends for whom 'biscuit' means 'cookie'. I found this simple biscuit recipe from Martha Stewart to use because it involved neither buttermilk nor yeast.

For the filling, I used only vegetables: potatoes, carrots, onion, mushroom, green beans. Then I made a sauce/gravy with a little milk and a bouillon cube. I was worried that the pie would dry out while baking, so I made a rather thin gravy. However, it could easily have been thicker.

And, I possibly used baking soda instead of baking powder in the biscuits, so they didn't quite rise to their best I don't think. But, everything still tasted pretty yummy in the end, which is what is most important.


Comments

Popular Posts