Hurts Donut



As I have mentioned before, Hong Kong is seriously lacking in its donut supply. So, I was very excited to try a new donut restaurant while I was home during the Christmas holidays.

Hurts Donut is located in Springfield, Mo., which is not technically where I live, but it's the closest big 'city' around. The store is in one of the old buildings in the downtown area, with a seating area as well as donut counter.

I knew before going that the donuts at Hurts would be a bit crazy, covered in candy or other toppings, such as bacon (see bottom photo, far right tray, second row). But there were so many different kinds all at once, I was literally like a kid in a candy store.

So, we bought a box of 6 assorted donuts to try out several flavors. For less money, you can let them fill the box themselves with a variety of donuts. Or, for a bit more, you can choose what you want. Obviously, I chose the latter option.

To be honest, though, I wasn't that excited about eating donuts with lots of candy or breakfast cereal on top. I just wanted more regular options like blueberry cake and plain with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. Of course, they had those as well, and they were delicious!



Comments

Popular Posts