Christmas Cranberries and Root Veggies

This evening we went to the second annual Christmas dinner at a friend's house. It is potluck-style, just like the Thanksgivings we host at our flat.

Last year, I took an oven-roasted turkey breast and green beans sauteed with garlic and lemon to the dinner. But this year, I decided on two side dishes.

First, I found some reasonably priced fresh cranberries (HK$32) and tried a British-style cranberry sauce with a bit of red wine, a tangerine and some cinnamon. It turned out less sweet than the normal American recipe, but it is very tasty!


I also made roasted carrots and Chinese white radish, seasoned with garlic, onion, tarragon, salt and pepper. I really like this root vegetable, which is often in noodle soups here. It is much less harsh than the little red radishes from home and more like a turnip. Very yummy!


Comments

Popular Posts