Australia Dairy Company (in Hong Kong)


I have known about Australia Dairy Company for quite a while, but I was always reluctant to go, partly because I thought there was no English menu (not to mention the fact that David hates eggs, one of their main offerings).

But we recently had visitors who wanted to try the popular eatery, so I practiced saying 'scrambled eggs' and 'macaroni soup' in Cantonese. Then, when we arrived (and possibly jumped the queue), we discovered that not only is there an English menu, but also some wait staff are very friendly and bilingual.

The food itself is quite basic, but very delicious. It certainly is not Australian in style, though perhaps that is where the dairy products originate. Unlike most other cha chaan tengs, you can get Chinese-style breakfasts all day long, as well as sandwiches and steamed milk puddings.

Despite several negative comments on Open Rice, I would highly recommend Australia Dairy Company, and I look forward to eating there again soon. Hopefully I won't have to wait in line too long!

Comments

Popular Posts