Mexican Munchies, Part 2


Sadly, we were only in Mexico City for 2 days, and one of those was almost entirely devoted to visiting the pyramids at Teotihuacan. Thankfully, we could exit and re-enter the park, so we went outside for lunch and were accosted by waiters with menus from multiple restaurants.


I think we chose the closest restaurant, but I'm sure all the menus were quite similar. They featured a lunch set for I think 40 pesos, which included soup, a main course and warm corn tortillas on the side. My chile relleno was tasty, though the cheese inside wasn't quite melted, but I loved the refried beans in the tortilla bowl.


For breakfast both mornings, we went to a huge bakery near our AirbnB in the city center. Everything inside looked amazing, and it was so cheap, often less than 10 pesos. The first morning I had a slice of marble chocolate cake with icing and sprinkles, and the next day I had a slightly sweet plain pastry.


On our last night, we tried to find a restaurant recommended by the Airbnb host. However, Pope Francis was arriving at the same time and many places were closed. We ended up in a small local eatery that looked rather average. However, my quesadillas were almost too cheesy and rich, and the guacamole and refried beans were great!

Comments

Popular Posts