Plate Culture: Nature's Food

I recently learned about Plate Culture, the Airbnb of food. It's an interesting concept, though I was also a bit skeptical. Of course there is the issue of food safety, but what most concerned me was the potential for awkward interactions with the host. However, my veggie friends and I had a very positive experience with Cat at Nature's Food


Our starter was creamy, delicious butternut squash soup, though it wasn't quite hot enough. It was topped with sunflower seeds and a green vegetable puree, which looked nice and also made it a bit different than plain soup.


The main course was shakshouka, a Mediterranean tomato dish often served with eggs, which I had never heard of before. It was presented atop steamed rice and mixed grains. I would definitely try shakshouka again: its tomatoey goodness was somewhat like vegetarian chili.


For dessert, we had chocolate brownies made with beets and nuts, topped with blueberries and coconut cashew sauce. Overall it was tasty, though not quite as rich as normal, unhealthy brownies. I liked that they were even a little bit purple in color! 

Comments

Popular Posts