Dinner With Mr. J


After two nights of banquets, our last night in Taipei was also a free evening. Thankfully, we ate some Western food, even if it was still rather Chinese in style. We went to Mr. J, one several restaurants owned by the Taiwanese pop singer Jay Chou.


My colleagues ordered the fancier set dinner with 4 courses, but I opted for the 3-course set because I wasn't as hungry. Sadly, their salad was much prettier and they got mushroom soup. My salad was alright (with nice raspberry dressing) but the cream soup tasted rather fishy.


According to the menu, my linguine with mushroom cream sauce had more than 700 calories! At least it was pretty tasty, though some mushrooms were nicer than others and I feel I could make something rather similar myself.


Unsurprisingly, the chocolate cake for dessert wasn't the best; like many Chinese cakes, it was too airy and neither sweet nor moist enough. My colleagues got tiramisu with their fancy set, though I don't like coffee either. However, the orange raspberry sauce on top of the icing was quite yummy.

Comments

Popular Posts