Chicago Style


Although I've been to Chicago 2 times previously, this October was the first I went as a more interested foodie and food blogger. Of course, Chicago is known for their deep dish pizza, so I went to Lou Malnati's (pictured above) with my coworkers and then Giordano's with my mom. Although they were somewhat different versions of Chicago-style pizza, they were equally delicious.


I read about Portillo's on Trip Advisor after searching for Chicago's best milkshakes. Although they don't have crazy shakes, they do have a chocolate cake shake, which was pretty good if not quite chocolatey enough. My mom ordered the Chicago-style Italian beef sandwich, but I couldn't resist a gooey chili dog.


There's a Morton's steakhouse in Hong Kong, but presumably their restaurants in Chicago would be better since they are closer to the cattle ranches. The Brussels sprouts and au gratin potatoes we ordered were great, but obviously the steak was the highlight. It was at least $50 for one ribeye, but it was mouth-wateringly amazing. 

Comments

Popular Posts