Gingerbread Cake Baked 2 Ways


Growing up, my mom always loved to make gingerbread cookies at Christmas time, though they are quite an undertaking. Sometimes, however, she made gingerbread in cake form, which was also delicious. For a Christmas gathering this weekend, I tried out this recipe for gingerbread cake.

However, the recipe makes enough for a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, which would not fit into my small toaster oven. I filled up my glass 7 x 11 inch (I think) pan and baked it as normal, though the cake cooked in much less time than the recipe said. 

Then, I "baked" the remaining batter in the rice cooker. I have always wanted to try this method of cake baking, and it turned out well. Although I had to push the rice cooker "on" button down a few times, the cake cooked nicely. Pro tip: don't try to take it out of the rice cooker until it has cooled, or it will crumble and fall apart!
  

Comments

Popular Posts