More (Belated) Chicago Eats


My first meal in Chicago was at Columbus Tap, the restaurant inside the Fairmont hotel where we stayed. I was too jet lagged to have much of an appetite, but the grilled pimento cheese sandwich was good, if rather rich and heavy. The chips served with it were a bit meh though.


On one of our free nights, my colleague and I tried Girl and the Goat thanks to its high ratings on Trip Advisor. It was very busy, but luckily there were some outside seats and it wasn't too chilly. Although the menu was designed for sharing, we ordered separately. I chose the sweet potato pierogis, which turned out to be fried but tasty.


For a quick lunch one day, my mom and I went to Potbelly Sandwich Shop. However, we did not have sandwiches, as she ordered a salad and I couldn't resist the buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese. It was alright, but not quite as amazing as I'd hoped.

Comments

Popular Posts