St. Louis Mini-Moon Eats


Our first night in St. Louis we drove through Tower Grove Park to The Shaved Duck, a neighborhood barbecue restaurant. Unfortunately, with 6 people, we couldn't quite fit into the cute outdoor tables and benches, but we squeezed into a large booth inside.


David and I shared a 2-meat platter of burnt ends and tri-tips, with a side of creamy mac and cheese. Additionally, we got a half order of pulled pork cheese fries, which I think used the same amazing cheese sauce as the mac. The meats themselves were okay, but maybe not quite as smoky as I'd hoped.


The next day we paid a visit to the Anheuser-Busch brewery and took the free tour. Along the way, we got a small sample of Budweiser or Bud Lite and at the end, we could order 1 free drink at the bar. I chose Shock Top, a Belgian white I'd never heard of before, which was nice and summery. 


On our last night in St. Louis, we tried Mangia Italiano. In addition to a shared appetizer of toasted ravioli, a local favorite, I ordered the baked spaghetti, which was first baked in alfredo sauce and then topped with marinara. It was pretty good, but not quite as creamy/cheesy as I expected.

Comments

Popular Posts