The Best Breakfast in NOLA


Although we tried a few different breakfast places in New Orleans, the Ruby Slipper Cafe was hands down the best. It was so good, in fact, that we went there twice, and I would've been happy to go even a third or fourth time!


My first time at the Ruby Slipper, I ordered eggs benedict served with biscuits rather than English muffins. Perfection! The second time around, I was tempted by the same, but instead I ordered a Southern breakfast set to try the fried green tomato. The highlight, however, was the massive biscuit topped with delicious cinnamon butter.


Serving only beignets and coffee, Cafe du Monde is the iconic breakfast spot in New Orleans' French Quarter. I also went there several times, first with colleagues and then with my mom. Of course, the beignets were very good (somewhat like funnel cake), but I think once was really enough for me.

Comments

Popular Posts