Christmas Dinner at Pleased to Meet You


 
This year, David's friend group's annual Christmas dinner was held at Pleased to Meet You in Newcastle. Our very large party comprised 2 long rectangular tables seated in a semi-separate room. As you can see from the place cards, we also ordered in advance.
 
 
For my starter, although I was tempted by a nice warming soup, I chose the fried goat's cheese. When traveling to the US or UK, it is best to have all the cheese you can get!
 
As my main course, I selected pheasant because a) I had never tried it and b) it seemed rather old-fashioned and English. It was very nice, but mostly it tasted like chicken!
 
 
For dessert, I decided to keep trying new things, or things I wouldn't necessarily order. So, instead of a brownie, I opted for cinnamon panna cotta topped with stewed Christmasy fruits. It was very tasty, though perhaps there was a bit too much fruit.
 
All in all, it was an enjoyable meal with good food and of course good company. I also liked the restaurant's décor, and I would be curious to try their everyday menu as well.

Comments

Popular Posts