High-Flying Dining


In the first of many posts about my summer holiday this year, I'll begin with my flight to the US from Hong Kong. Using frequent flier miles I purchased a business class ticket, which I felt somewhat guilty about but also planned to make good use of. 


I arrived at the airport extra early to visit the business class lounge. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling the best so I didn't drink much. However, there were nice cheeses and salads, as well as "freshly whole fruit" :) I was hoping for ice cream, but no such luck.


My flight was very late at night, and I was full from the lounge food. So, the flight attendant offered to serve me my meal at another time (she was almost uncomfortably accommodating!). In fact, I slept so much that I didn't eat until breakfast.


The first course was fruit, yogurt and a pastry. Next, they wheeled around a cereal cart, and I had Special K (I wasn't quite sure if there was another course to follow). But of course there was, and my special vegetarian meal of scrambled eggs, potatoes and beans in tomato sauce was delicious.

Comments

Popular Posts