Autumn Apple Crumble


Last Sunday we attended a lovely early Thanksgiving celebration at another couple's flat. As usual, I volunteered to bring the pumpkin pie. However, I also decided to make apple crumble because most people in attendance were British and new to pumpkin pie.

Although I've made apple crumble or apple crisp before, it's been a while and I don't have a go-to recipe. This time I consulted BBC and Jamie Oliver online. I thought I'd try a British version for the Brits at the dinner.

But when I read those recipes, I noticed they didn't include any typical autumn spices like cinnamon. That was an unexpected deal breaker, so I found this recipe from Food Network instead. I guess spiced apples is more of an American thing (?).

Overall, the apple crumble turned out really well, though I may have included a couple extra apples. Maybe next time I'll even keep the peels on so as not to waste them!

Comments

Popular Posts