Mr & Mrs Fox Revisited


Now that I work in Quarry Bay, there are many convenient (and expensive) lunch options. Recently, we went for a group lunch at the rather upscale Mr & Mrs Fox. I hadn't been there for more than two years, when we tried their weekend brunch

For weekday lunches, they have a few set options as well as an a la carte menu. The sets we chose included 1 starter and 1 main course, but no tea or coffee. We also got an assortment of bread rolls and butter for the table.

I chose the roasted cauliflower soup as my starter. It was deliciously creamy, though it was garnished with raw cauliflower and onion pieces. That was a bit strange because the textures were too contrasting.

For my main course, I opted for the meat-free option of risotto. When it first arrived, I was a bit underwhelmed (especially when looking at my colleagues' lamb). However, it was very flavorful and also very filling. I didn't love the pickled vegetable garnish, but it wasn't too bad either.

Comments

Popular Posts