Danishes, and Other Pastries, in Denmark


During our stay in Denmark this summer, we ate many different delicious types of pastries, though I didn't take photos of all of them. Cinnamon featured very prominently as a flavoring, as well as sometimes nuts and chocolate. 


It was only on the morning we left Denmark, at the airport, that I saw a pastry labeled as a "danish". It looked very different than what Americans call a danish, but of course I had to try it. With so many poppy seeds, it wasn't as sweet as other pastries but it wasn't bad.


However, I was glad I also opted to try one of the chocolate coconut balls I'd seen in many bakeries. Called havregrynskugle according to Wikipedia, it tasted like creamy chocolate pudding slightly hardened in ball form. Amazing!

Comments

Popular Posts