Tasty Tomato Tofu


Tomato-based sauces are definitely my favorite when it comes to pasta, stews and just about anything really. I'm also a really big fan of the Chinese dish faan kei daan faan, which is scrambled eggs and tomatoes served with rice.

Of course, David doesn't eat eggs. But there are other Chinese dishes with tomatoes, such as beef brisket in tomato sauce with rice or macaroni in tomato soup (a Western fusion breakfast dish). So, I was inspired to create a Chinese-style veggie main in tomato sauce, taking reference from a couple different recipes (here and here).

In addition to tomato, I used onion, garlic, ginger and some soy sauce to make the sauce. For veggies, I added carrot, celery and baby corn plus the star of the dish: fried tofu puffs. Served over rice, it was really delicious and I will definitely make it again.

Comments

Popular Posts