Saag Tofu


Recently, I saw an Instagram post from America's Test Kitchen featuring a vegan version of saag paneer using tofu. I don't really know where to buy paneer (or how much it might cost given the price of cheese in Hong Kong), but tofu is cheap and readily available.

However, when I tried to view that recipe later on, it was only available for subscribers. But I found similar ideas from both the BBC and Food Network. Of course, I didn't follow the recipes exactly and I was too lazy to blend the sauce, but my version turned out quite well.

I coated the tofu in a blend of spices and cornstarch, then baked it (instead of frying it) and added it to the spinach mixture at the end. It didn't taste the same as paneer, but it was quite a tasty, healthy meal served with rice.

Comments

Popular Posts