Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Bread


Before moving, I tried to use up some things in our freezer, as well as other fridge/pantry foods too. I had three ripe bananas that had been frozen and a jar of peanut butter that was approaching empty. So peanut butter banana bread seemed like a good idea.

But because we were moving, I didn't want to buy any eggs. So I tried the flaxseed + water egg substitute for the first time instead. It seemed to work quite well in terms of texture. I also substituted some oatmeal for some of the flour to add some whole grains.

However, this recipe was rather dense overall. It needed to bake for quite a long time, so the top ended up a bit crusty. But it still tasted pretty good, especially when warm.

Comments

  1. Is this recipe a metaphor for Dave?
    Didn't want to buy any eggs.
    Rather dense.
    Baked for quite a long time.
    Bit crusty on top.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts