Mediterranean vegetable stew


Earlier this year I wanted to find a recipe using vegetables and olives, though I can't remember why now. After reading several online, including this one from Jamie Oliver, I came up with a Mediterranean-style stew which is hearty and warming, as well as vegan.

In my Dutch oven, I fried an onion and then added fresh tomatoes to start making a sauce. Then I added eggplant, potatoes and olives to stew together. For seasoning, I used garlic, fresh basil, salt and pepper, though I think a touch of lemon juice would also work nicely. We ate it with couscous, but other similar grains or even a nice bread would be fine.

Next time I make this, I think I'll see how it works in my new slow cooker. It will probably best to add the olives and basil a bit later in that case. 

Comments

Popular Posts