Pasta with red wine sauce

 

I remember reading about pasta cooked in red wine quite some time ago. More recently, we ended up with a few bottles of red wine, including one that was open and really needed to be used up. So I decided it was time to try red wine spaghetti.

However, I actually used fusilli, which is the type of pasta we usually eat--no need for twirling or flipping sauce onto your shirt! I also added some stir-fried celery and chopped green onion as veggies along with the carbs. I'd planned to add roasted broccoli, but couldn't find any at the supermarket.

Although it is a bit different, red wine pasta is actually very tasty and also easy to make. David said the flat smelled like Christmas afterwards, which is an added bonus. But beware, there was also a wine scent lingering in the office microwave after I reheated my leftovers!

Comments

Popular Posts