Reese's peanut butter temptations

Clear plastic storage box filled with rows of peanut butter cookies with Reese's cups


In one of my care packages from home this year, I got a big bag of mini Reese's peanut butter cups. Because we're very blessed and get packages from several different family members, we sometimes have a quite a stockpile of treats that need to be eaten.

So I decided to use some of the candy in baking. A long time ago (I think when I was in college), I made traditional peanut butter blossoms with Hershey's kisses in the center. These Reese's peanut butter temptations are just a variation on the same idea.

To make these cookies, I used my silicone mini muffin pans for the first time in years! I didn't use liners, but the cookies came out easily. However, it took quite a while for the cookies to cool in the pans. As you can see in the photo, I tried to take them out while warm, but the Reese's chocolate ran down the sides.

I also made some cookies on a plain cookie sheet. I rolled the dough into a ball and baked it, then added the Reese's once they were out of the oven. I think the end result was pretty similar, though the cookies were a bit flatter and less cup-like. Still tasty though!

Comments

Popular Posts