Crispy cauliflower cutlets

 Fried cauliflower cutlets on a plate

I've subscribed to several different cooking newsletters from The Washington Post in the past few years, but I don't actually make the recipes from them that often. However, this recipe for cauliflower cutlets sounded interesting and I was inspired to try it when I found cauliflower "couscous" on sale at Marks & Spencer.

At first, I thought I'd use regular flour in the recipe, but I decided to get rice flour in the end as it was quite cheap. I'll just need to make some more cutlets or perhaps some Chinese noodles/baked goods later on, so that I can use up the rest.

As David isn't a fan of eggs, I reduced the number of eggs in the recipe and added a bit of milk instead. I was worried that the batter would be too eggy as written, but it definitely wasn't after my adaptation. It still stuck together fairly well, too.

The cutlets turned out very well and were quite tasty. We ate them together with potato salad and dipped in chili mayonnaise. I suppose the recipe was fairly easy, but it requires a bit more effort than other dishes I usually make. Good to try it at least once though!

Dinner plate with three cauliflower cutlets, potato salad and a fork

Comments

Popular Posts